Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our plot is ready

Well, our garden plot is now ready. Nana and Pops babysat the girls Friday night so that Sam and I could go out to the garden and work on things. Our task for the evening was to raise the bed. I am so glad my husband is handy. He secured the boards. I leveled out the dirt that was already in our plot and hauled our 7 bags of garden soil and 11 bags of compost to our site. It was obvious that we would need a lot more dirt.

So, the next weekend Sara borrowed her step dad's truck and picked up a cubic yard of soil. After church we dropped the kids off at Nana and Pops' house again and filled our bed with dirt. It looks pretty good. Now we just need to decide what to plant in the garden. It is 8' by 14' so there is a lot of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment