Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Our Community Garden
I found out that our area has a community garden. I thought it would be something fun and I heard that the waiting list was pretty long so I went ahead and got on it. I was shocked when a week later I received an email that a spot opened up. This is the second year of the garden and there are about 50 new plots this year.
I took Sam and the kids to take a look. Apparently we missed the work day where everyone got everything ready so our plot is basically 4 unattached boards with a pile of dirt and a pip for a hose.
So, we have our work cut out for us. We think it will be a fun learning process as neither of us are really gardeners. It is an all organic garden and there are a lot of experienced gardeners that are a great resource out there.
I hope to find another family that will join us in this venture. Our plot is 8'X14" so that is a pretty big space. We mainly want another family to share in the watering responsibility but we also thought it would be fun to work together.
There is a bee area that is going to be built for pollinating the plants. That is pretty cool but it is really close to our garden so I hope we do not get any bee stings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment